Friday, July 30, 2010

Chris and I work together, collaborating on pottery with sculptural details. Sometimes he sculpts free-standing pieces, and sometimes I make functional ware without sculptures.We, (mostly he) travel to juried art fairs - about a dozen or more each year - to market our wares. You can see our show calendar at http://www.waxbing.com  We live in beautiful Anderson Valley in the county of Mendocino , in northern California, with our dogs and cats and assorted other living beings.  This land has tall redwoods, a creek, and vegetable gardens. Good people here too. We feel lucky that this is where we landed 30 years ago.

I'm just finishing up a three-day workshop at the Mendocino Coast Writers Conference, and I'm a-buzz with 
ideas for stories - but  most will have to wait until this winter, when the art show schedule cools down.  In the meantime, I'll grab the passing thought, roll it around like a ball of clay, and  leave it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment