Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Today

Chris and I sat in front of the woodstove with our coffee cups this morning and looked at a wholesale catalog of handmade (some wasn't) craft. A few things made us laugh so hard I nearly spilled my coffee.
There is a tendency lately to put words on everything and call it art. On t-shirts, on bedsheets, even on pottery..."imagine" "believe" "hope" "love"...you know what I mean. We started making up our own..."fart" "usuk" "puke" "shoplifted" etc. We laughed. (you had to be there). I have just gotten an email from a friend who has discovered that she has to go back into the hospital for a week soon to have another tumor removed. Not funny at all - ("Cancer") But she is a very witty lady with a beautiful spirit. (Hope) My love for her is deeply engraved on my brain and my heart ("forever") - even if it isn't on my pottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment