Monday, January 31, 2011

On the brink of a new month


I haven't written here for a while. Our beloved dog, Bobo, died a week ago here in the house, a few feet from where he was born 14 years ago...3 days after his 14th birthday to be exact. Now, a week later, the pain of his loss lessens daily, and we can celebrate the wonderful years we had with him.

We unloaded the kiln this morning and were happy with the results. We take risks with our glazes and sometimes get disappointing results - but today we were a bit giddy in the studio. A photographer came by and took our pictures out in the kiln shed...to use in the Art Guild's Open Studios brochure. That happens in May on Memorial Day weekend.

I'm hoping that the problems in Egypt get resolved peacefully. I think that if I had to live on two dollars a day I'd revolt too!

No comments:

Post a Comment