Saturday, September 11, 2010

Capitola

Chris is off to another art fair, for the third weekend in a row, this time a show in Capitola. It's a beach community near Santa Cruz. Its will be the last of the outdoor juried shows as winter approaches. Oct.1,2,3 he'll be at the Sacramento Convention Center, and in November, the Mendocino Art Center will be having its
Thanksgiving show. I'll be at the Celebration of Craftswomen, an all women's juried art fair, at Fort Mason, the first weekend in December. This has gotten my creative juices going, since the booth will be all my work - no Chris animals to tempt buyers. But I have some ideas about new glazes. We'll see how that goes.
We have our pottery at a two-month exhibit at Handley Cellars and also at Scharffenberger Winery Tasting room. And Rookie-To Gallery in Boonville.

I have 5 dogs to care for this weekend, since Donna has left Yogi and Penelope with me. She's off on a backpacking trip. Chico is very happy to have his little buddies here for a week. Lots of tail-wagging and butt-sniffing. Jon came back from France with a cold - he and Soraya had a fabulous time. I'll call the other kids today - we have to start thinking about the annual family meet-up here at Thanksgiving. Since several in the family are now vegetarians or vegans, I just don't see how a turkey will work out. A big dead bird in the middle of the table? Also, Paul and Luciana have a new house in San Jose. Maybe they'll want to have Thanksgiving there. Whoever hosts it, and it's been Chris and me
for years, has the problem of how to lodge everyone. And there's the travel involved. 9 hours from L.A. for Jon - and , who knows, maybe Soraya wants to spend a Thanksgiving with her family near L.A. I'd like to just stay home -and we've got that Art Center show for the two days following T'giving. Chris's parents always want us to come to Livermore during the holidays. My 94 yrs. old Mom is in Florida. I've just written an article about this amazing woman. More about her here in the future.
Things slow way down in the pottery biz in January and February. I'm looking forward to some quiet time. I do want to see everyone during the holidays, however. Particularly 6 yr. old Troy! As Scarlett always said, I'll think about it tomorrow!
In the meantime, it's time to get my hands in clay!

4 comments:

  1. Am very excited to see your non-chris work :)No sneaky clues as to what you have in mind?

    How is Flora at the mo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annabelle, I've started making trays with handles and have an idea for more serving pieces. It's fun.
    Flora is improving daily, but now Bobo is having problems, I'm afraid. They were born just an hour apart. We're taking him to the vet's on Thursday.
    Nice to have a visit from you this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well with Bobo, and am very pleased Flora is still making progress. Sometimes it does feel like pets are sent to worry us! *hugs*

    Ooo trays!!! am excited to see! I particularly like Tagines! that kinda thing too? I'm trying to think what the things are called, similar to an incense oil burner, where you warm the food from underneath and have a bowl on top. We saw a medieval design of one today, a repro, but based on the original. Completely functional yet also beautiful and 400 years old... it was used for warming posset:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tagines ! I'd never heard
    of them - interesting looking.

    I've also had some requests for kimchi pots.
    So many things to make!

    ReplyDelete