Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28,2010

Chris left for the Palo Alto University Avenue art fair at 3:30 this morning with the van full of boxes of pottery, our canopy, shelving and pedestals. The Bay Area show is nearly 4 hours away, and his scheduled time to set up the booth is 7:30 a.m. I'm waiting to hear he's all set up and ready to exhibit our work. He's been working so hard to get ready for the next three weekends of shows! The last firing was unloaded just before he left! The firing was a big success, fortunately. Some lovely pieces. I'm staying home to be with all the fur persons in our family - we'd rather not leave Flora with a house sitter in her weak condition, The old girl is getting lots of special attention. I'll work in the studio making ware for the next firing in about two weeks.

I'm distracted temporarily by the sound of that buffoon, Glenn Beck, on the tube, speaking on the steps of the Washington Monument - noting that we've gone from the sublime thoughts of Dr. King, and the memory of the great President Lincoln, to the ridiculous, I Have a Scheme, Beck. Poor America that someone like him and Sarah Palin can rise to the top! The presumptuous co-optation of the 47th anniversary of King's I Have a Dream speech just galls me.

But - I'm happy that we had a good firing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment