Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rest



Awoke this morning early, the light coming through these trees. I can see them from my open bedroom window.
This may sound a little morbid, but it's really a happy thought. When I move on to my eternal reward, I'd like my ashes dug in around the base of one of these redwoods, like compost. I like to think that my spirit would be carried up to the top of these magnificent beings that I love, to feel the wind, to be among the bird-life.


Started to throw vases a little after 9. Our local public radio station is such a godsend! I can listen while I work. Joy LeClaire
was interviewing the author of a new book about the importance of rest and sleep. I think one of my children would benefit from this book. I missed the title and the author's name! I think I'll find it online - yes. The Power of Rest: Why Sleep Alone Is Not Enough. A 30-Day Plan to Reset Your Body
By: Matthew Edlund

Then the early music programmer played Renaissance Sephardic songs, among others. A great start to my day. You can listen online at http://www.kzyx.org

No comments:

Post a Comment