Saturday, August 14, 2010

Like sheep

Eldest daughter called today with her latest adventure. She bought three sheep - One Freisian and two Freisian/Jacob mixes. Two females and a young male. First I have to say that I love her and all my offspring immoderately, and I accept as possible her Buddhist views that include reincarnation - so when she asked for my help in finding homes for the sheep, I was once again drawn in. Donna lives in a city house with an average-sized yard. She bought the trio to save them from the auction, which she accidentally saw from the road...all three for $100. Something about the little family made her want to save them. She doesn't care about the money...she's willing to give them to anyone who will promise not to kill them. Who will not eat them, to be precise. We have room for sheep, and Freisians are the best milking sheep in the world, I'm told, but I'm afraid my husband's head would explode if I asked him to include sheep in our menage. Even if I point out to him that it's a beautiful momma sheep and her offspring.

No comments:

Post a Comment